“Inbound marketing is promoting a company through blogs, podcasts, video, eBooks, newsletters, whitepapers, SEO, physical products, social media marketing, and other forms of content marketing which serve to attract customers through the different stages of the buyer journey.”
Inbound marketing spares a business from inefficient marketing techniques like cold calling, TV advertisements, paper mail, and radio. Through this type of marketing, you can turn target audiences to prospective customers and then to regular customers. Digitalization has made it the best way to promote the business online. It pulls the customers towards a business naturally.
Traditional marketing techniques have been outnumbered seeing the success of the online portals. The online portals use these cost-effective and goal-oriented inbound techniques to deliver better results as compared to traditional marketing. Inbound has been the boon for small businesses as significant results can be achieved by investing less. Let’s keep traditional and inbound marketing side by side and see the pros and cons of the same.
- Referred as outbound marketing, it is a very expensive endeavor. One needs huge investments for traditional marketing.
- Printing, mailing, TV advertisements are some of the mediums of traditional marketing.
- Putting your messages in front of the audience that does not want to hear is futile and a total waste, as done in traditional mediums.
- People tune out to your messages, and they do not show any interest in your organization even if you have better products than a business following inbound techniques.
The huge investment and minimal results offered by traditional marketing methods often tear down a business.
Inbound Content Marketing
The alignment of the content that is of value and interest to the customers naturally is known as inbound marketing.
- Communication through mediums in which you have the audience’s permission to communicate. Unlike traditional marketing, you don’t have to bother the customers that are least interested. It offers a two-way communication.
- Queries and doubts of the customers are solved and answered at the earliest and are proliferated through the web through FAQs section provided on your website.
- People subscribe to your messages if they have an interest in any of your messages or products naturally.
- The main motive of this strategy is to keep your customers engaged and their interests alive.
- If employed a right inbound marketing strategy, the customers would be compelled to see what you have to offer.
- It doesn’t feel like real marketing as it doesn’t create an impression of a fruit market where everybody shouts at the top of their voices to attract customers.
- Valuable content has more appeal than pushy messages of the outbound ones.
Digital penetration and adoption has made it possible to analyze the benefits of an inbound marketing campaign, which are often aligned with the business goals and consumer expectations.
“So, the clear winner of the war between traditional and modern marketing methods is inbound marketing. The technique helps a business turn from a seller to an influencer, which can affect a buyer behavior organically, without pestering and intruding.”